The blog of Hannah Robinson, artist, illustrator and graphic designer.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Harry Potter and the Graphic Design Awe



I went to the Warner Brothers studio tour yesterday with some friends from university. As a big HP fan, I walked in with a huge smile on my face which stayed on all day, and was even still there this morning when I woke up. 



I was with friends from my university days, who all studied Illustration or Graphic design with me, and one of the highlights for us was the display of all the design used in the film. I was so glad they included this. 




These displays show copies of the Quibbler magazine, the Daily Prophet, Quidditch World Cup programmes, train tickets, letters... it is amazing when you consider these things were only on screen for a second at a time. 





I bought myself a copy of The Quibbler in the shop at the end of the tour, I was really pleased you can buy this. I also bought a book which includes fun pull-outs, such as Umbridge’s decrees, Honeydukes packaging and a mini marauder’s map. If you’re not into Harry Potter, sorry if that just made no sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment