The blog of Hannah Robinson, artist, illustrator and graphic designer.

Friday 14 October 2011

Some pencil work

I've filled a sheet on my coffee break with pencil doodles. I find loose sheets of paper much more liberating than a sketch book - I tend to be less precious and more creative. I think school and college are to blame for my sterile relationship with sketchbooks - because they were marked, there was always pressure to make every page perfect. Not so with loose or scrap paper.

Anyway, here is an idea for a wedding card, two little birds, scrubbed up and 'tying the knot." Geddit?

I have also got my rear in gear and booked my first craft fair of the year with my confidante and fellow biscuit eater Carly. We're going to sell art and handmade stuff at the Green Backyard at Peterborough, on Sunday 13th November, so I'd better get going with my planned projects.

This is my latest commission, almost finished: the branding and publicity material for The Fenland Poet Laureate. I had lots of creative freedom with this, the client and I have built up a good relationship and she and I are pretty much on the same wavelength, always a huge bonus.


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the little birds are so cute - love your illustrations and the commission.

    My sketchbook wasn't marked in art school, so I use mine quite a bit. I would never forgive myself if I lost a "good" drawing (lol) so it works better for me to have them bound together so they don't wander away (which things tend to do quite often from me)

    Great post!
    Erin from BloggingBuddies
    http://labellaironia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! :-)

    Andrea from EveryCloudSilver
    www.everycloudsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the doodle - should be transferred to a permanent status! Good luck with the Craft Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the birds.
    I find the paper scraps used from the recycling box usually hold my best pieces lol

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little birds and yes I did GET tying the knot:)

    They would be good in rubber stamps! I wonder if anyone else has thought of it!

    Maybe another avenue for you to look into:)
    Let me know and I will stock them in my Shop Online:)
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete