The blog of Hannah Robinson, artist, illustrator and graphic designer.

Friday 21 October 2011

Folksy Friday - Ceramics

Bunny Bowl, by Julia Smith Ceramics

I've finally got round to blogging about Folksy Friday. This week is ceramics. I am a SUCKER for ceramic stuff. Unfortunately, not having my own home means I have to curb my enthusiasm for beautiful cups, bowls jugs etc. I did buy two beautiful ceramic beakers when I was in the USA this summer - each piece had a tiny acorn - the artist's trademark - somewhere on the clay.  I love the way they sit in the hand, love the way ceramic feels. They looked robust enough to survive the flight home and sure enough they did. I like drinking wine from them and pretending I'm a hobbit! Weird? No doubt. But at least I'm happy. Marvel at these before having yourself a good weekend.



Ceramic Bluebird Brooch by Vintage Bluebird



Ceramic Cupcake Pot by Rosie Maguire

Ceramic ACEO - Rockpool Beach by Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics

Tealight Lantern Sphere by Cat's Ceramics

Handmade Ceramic Owl Vase by H B ceramics

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my ceramic ACEO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, it's beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a beautiful collection - the cupcake and the aceo really caught my eye, Folksy really has lovely ceramics :)

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunny bowl is lovely - definitely catches my eye. I also have a weakness for ceramics and have cupboards stuffed full to prove it!

    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for including my star tealight lantern x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the owl in particular! So know what you mean about not having your own home....I'm in the same situation, and yet there are so many lovely hand made things that I want to buy. Roll on April lol :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful, a lovely theme. Especially love the brooch.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete