The blog of Hannah Robinson, artist, illustrator and graphic designer.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Bereavement Christmas card

I was thinking today about some christmas card designs. I don't normally bother with them: not to sound pessimistic but it's a tough market and I don't enjoy the scramble to try and sell them followed by the dispiriting price drop and efforts to shift the leftovers in January.

However...

Christmas can be a tough time for some, not least those going through their first christmas without their mum, brother, husband, sister, dad. The jollity can be a little wearing. Also those who are addressing christmas cards to you can be a little afraid of sending one saying "Happy Christmas."

So I was thinking about giving this one a go...

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a really good design; seasonal but not overly festive. I think you've got the sentiment spot on. You should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful, and I agree with Mog's - you've got the sentiment just right. Its a lovely idea to think of people who may be struggling this Xmas x

    ReplyDelete